Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Introducing My NASCAR Blogger Missy Goodman!

 I will be the first to admit that I’m not a big fan of Pocono Raceway. I applaud its efforts to go green and think the “tricky triangle” is an interesting track but it holds nothing of interest for me. When I hear that Nascar is at Pocono I’m like okay where do we go next.

It might be because I’m a southern girl, born and raised. To me Nascar is drafting at Daytona, the big one at Talladega, or bumping and banging at Bristol. All are southern tracks that require a lot of talent and even more luck. Daytona is the motherland. Every driver dreams of winning her. The home of the Super Bowl every year and in my opinion is Nascar. I would love to see Daytona be a part of the chase and heck let’s switch Homestead with Daytona’s July event and make it the last race of the season. Think of the ratings…do you hear me Nascar?

But back to Pocono, the racing was okay today. The long rain delay probably hurt ratings, because unless you’re a super fan like me, you might have turned the channel. When the engines fired back up I was like okay let’s go racing. There’s only so many laps left, possible rain on the way. It’s time to get racing…really never happened. The racing between Kurt Busch and Jimmie Johnson was fun and the interviews afterwards were
highly entertaining but the racing as a whole lacked something.

That is not to take anything away from the winner. Brad Keselowski’s victory was a big deal. Like the man or not, he is a racer and is the future of Penske racing. I know if my ankle looked like a grapefruit I would have spent the weekend on the sofa eating chocolate and feeling sorry for myself. The man is to be congratulated on a job well done.

 However at the end of the day I’m still asking, so where are we racing next week?

Missy Goodman aka Nascardaddysgrl

No comments:

Post a Comment